Welcome


Get a Voki now!




This is a journal about my journey into the world of "e-learning". Each week I will try out different E Learning tools and critique them . I will reflect on their strengths and weaknesses. I hope to narrow the list down to a top 4 or 5 that I would then use with my class.

Please join me on my learning journey. Let me know your thoughts on my reflections and whether you agree or disagree with my assessments.

Mrs Daisy

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Week 4 - Images

This week I played with still images. I have been researching still images for a presentation I am doing with some colleagues. As a teacher I think still images are an extremely important resources for teaching not just art but so many other KLA's. Students are bombarded with images every day it has been suggested that sour students will watch 20,000 hours of television comare that to the 12,500 hours they will spend at school! It is more important than ever that we engage our digital natives with resources and material they identify with.

Flikr is a great free resource to be able to access photographs and using a program like Picnik to manipulate the image is one possible way to use technology to scaffold critical visual literacy. Asking the students to look at the image is it real? What has been done to it? Why does it look strange?

I chose to manipulate an image I have used in my postings to compare a before and after using Picnik. I changed the colours, the size, the shading and contrast, by using rotation I flipped the image around.

(These images are from Flikr)

2 comments:

  1. still images also work great when used with movie marker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SImon

    I think I remember your Art Presentation last year with the Eye Photos did you use Movie maker for that??

    ReplyDelete