Welcome


Get a Voki now!




This is a journal about my journey into the world of "e-learning". Each week I will try out different E Learning tools and critique them . I will reflect on their strengths and weaknesses. I hope to narrow the list down to a top 4 or 5 that I would then use with my class.

Please join me on my learning journey. Let me know your thoughts on my reflections and whether you agree or disagree with my assessments.

Mrs Daisy

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week 2 - Weebly website


So today I created my weebly website. http://mrsdaisy.weebly.com/.

I have actually worked on my own business website before and created intranet pages in my previous life with Flight Centre Ltd so I found creating the website quite easy as I have some skills already when it comes to adding pages etc.

When looking at this tool from a teaching perspective and using the suggestion of a SWOT analysis this is what I found:

Strengths: permanent record of information
Digital native engagement
Easy to create
Notes and homework cannot get lost
Parents can be a part of the class and see what their children are creating and learning
Web quests are a fantstic use of the tool to make investigative learning interactive

Weakness: Could be time consuming if you get carried away with designs
Not all students will have access at home so may need to find alternative place to access site


Opportunities: Learning oppportunity for all students and the teacher together
creating real life skills for students future


Threats: what platforms does QLD Education support?
is weebly one of those or is there others?


(image from disney cartoons)

No comments:

Post a Comment