Welcome


Get a Voki now!




This is a journal about my journey into the world of "e-learning". Each week I will try out different E Learning tools and critique them . I will reflect on their strengths and weaknesses. I hope to narrow the list down to a top 4 or 5 that I would then use with my class.

Please join me on my learning journey. Let me know your thoughts on my reflections and whether you agree or disagree with my assessments.

Mrs Daisy

Friday, July 9, 2010

Week 1 - Creating a Blog


Well so far so good I have a managed to create my own blog!

A blog is a journal or diary but rather than hand write it you type your thoughts onto a web page and share it with others. It enables like minded people to share information, knowledge and ideas on any subject, any time, anywhere in the world.

By using blogger.com I was able to choose backgrounds and layouts that I liked and get started blogging straight away. I think students would really enjoy the creative construction of the site and the ability to share their thoughts, ideas, pictures and photos with other students in their class or even an epal class. I would however suggest that a time limit for creation was placed and perhaps a narrowing down of templates as it is easy to get carried away, absorbed in the creativbe process!

As an educational tool as stated by Downes (Educase, 2004) a class teacher could use a blog as a classroom website with schedule, homework etc on it, post useful links reagrding the cuurrent unit of work and have the students comment or review books,videos or other texts they have been using during class. I feel that it would be of the utmost importants, just as you would for the class room, establish rules for the students in regards to their blogs or the class blog and ensure the tool is then used to its best advantage.

(image couresy of clip art)

No comments:

Post a Comment