Welcome


Get a Voki now!




This is a journal about my journey into the world of "e-learning". Each week I will try out different E Learning tools and critique them . I will reflect on their strengths and weaknesses. I hope to narrow the list down to a top 4 or 5 that I would then use with my class.

Please join me on my learning journey. Let me know your thoughts on my reflections and whether you agree or disagree with my assessments.

Mrs Daisy

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Update on my E learning journey

Since starting this course I have discovered some incredible E tools that I believe with be invaluable in making even the basic tasks or learning exercises more engaging. I have been able to over the week use 3 learning tools within my university studies
  1. Our English presentation group created a fantastic Power point presentation for our Visual Literacy presentation that I had already discussed in my images blog. This is the presentation.
Visual literacy

  1. Our Ensureing Student Success group presentation will feature a Prezi as we felt this tool would would clearly show the progression of our graphic organizer.

  1. This week I created and used a Weebly website in my Prac Classroom that I am very proud of. I created a WebQuest website for my students to use to learn about the Eureka Stockade as part of their unit on Australia from settlement to Federation. My Mentor teacher loved it, the students could not believe that I had created a website that and I quote " was on the world wide web for anyone in the world to see?"



So I feel that by using these tools my self I am seeing their true uses and how powerful, engaging and " real" they can make learning in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment